Starchy potatoes make the best roast potato. To check if you have selected a starchy variety, cut one potato with a knife. A bit of sticky white substance on the blade indicates a high starch content that makes your potato perfect for roasting.
- 800 g new potatoes, medium size
- 400 g carrots
- 1 Vegeta No MSG
- 50 ml olive oil
- 75 g stuffed olives
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley
- 300 g sour cream
- 80 g mayonnaise
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ground black pepper
Vegeta NO MSG added
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Medium complexity 6 Persons 70 min
- 1 Clean, wash and dry the potatoes and cut each potato in half. Peel and wash the carrots, and cut them into chunks. If using large carrots, first slice each carrot horizontally then cut across.
- 2 Add the potatoes and carrots to a roasting pan, sprinkle with Vegeta No MSG, drizzle with olive oil and toss well. Roast in a moderately hot oven at 400 degrees/200 °C/gas mark 6 for 50 to 60 minutes until nice and golden. Transfer the roasted potatoes to a serving bowl, add the drained olives and chopped parsley, and toss.
- 3 Prepare the dressing by combining sour cream, mayonnaise, granulated garlic and chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the dressing to the potato salad and serve.